Below is an summary of vPivot’s author, Scott Drummonds. In May of 2013 Scott left EMC for a sabbatical and stopped contributing to vPivot. However, on this sabbatical Scott is studying Mandarin and researching big data and open data topics. Check out Scott’s big data blog in Asia, Information Incognita. And join the Google+ Hong Kong big data community Scott started.
Scott Drummonds is a virtualization evangelist and VMware enthusiast that spent almost seven years working with VMware and EMC solutions. Scott worked for VMware as a performance specialist from January 2007 until May of 2010 when he transferred to EMC. In 2010 Scott moved to the Asia Pacific region to to lead EMC’s vSpecialist and Midtier specialist teams.
Before VMware, Scott worked at Intel Corporation as a desktop performance manager. There were years of experience before that job, doing other stuff stuff such as processor diagnosis and CAD tool design, but Scott rarely talks about that confusing period of his professional life.
Other places where you can see Scott on the internet:
- Scott’s personal website, which is sporadically updated when the mood moves him.
- Scott’s Twitter page, which is used for about 90% work and 10% fun.
- Scott’s YouTube page, with perhaps 75% work and 25% totally ridiculous stuff.
- Scott’s home on the VMware Communities, where Scott publishes technical literature and participates in a variety of VMware-related conversations.
- Scott Drummonds on LinkedIn, which serves primarily as professional record and secondarily as professional social network.
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published here was not read or approved in advance by VMware or EMC. The content does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of VMware or EMC nor does it constitute any official communication those respective companies.