We at EMC are increasing the number of technical vSpecialists in our Southeast Asian vSpecialist team. This role will be based in Singapore and will support EMC’s customers and field in the surrounding countries of Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and others. Our regional manager will consider exceptional talent from anywhere in the world.
How do you know if a vSpecialist role is right for you? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you love VMware technologies?
- Can you represent EMC and VMware’s shared vision of a journey to the private cloud?
- Are you often described by your peers as highly energetic, charismatic, hard working, and overflowing with positive energy?
- Do you spend your free time tinkering with enterprise hardware or software?
- When someone asks you a technology question do you race to your nearest whiteboard and start sketching servers, networks, storage, and software?
By no means is this an exhaustive list. But the single characteristic we vSpecialists most look for is enthusiasm. Obviously we wants skills, too. But skills can be developed and improved. Unenthusiastic and unmotivated people rarely change those behaviors.
Some of the skills that might make you an early success in this role are:
- Broad understanding of enterprise technologies.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure.
- Administration or architect capabilities for VMware infrastructure.
- Very strong presentation skills.
The responsibilities of a vSpecialist in Singapore include:
- Training like a commando so you know new technologies well enough to show them to customers and teach them to your peers.
- Presenting confidently to help customers understand the technologies that enable their journey to the private cloud.
- Leading workshops for EMC’s field, customers, and partners to show the power of our VMware integrations.
- Responding to the needs of EMC’s customers to make them happy customers and consider you one of their trusted technical advisors.
If you are interested in this role, please send me a note and include your resume. My work email address is scott (dot) drummonds (at) emc (dot) com. Or you can message me on LinkedIn. Do not post a comment on this blog asking me to mail you. In fact, your first test in this interview process is to follow these instructions. 🙂